Garden Timber Sheds
Steeltech offer a wide selection of timber sheds, wooden sheds, garden sheds, summerhouses and playhouses.
These units come in three distinct styles:
- Pressure Treated Timber is used on the framework and exterior of all sheds.
- Do not confuse Pressure Treated with Pre Treated or Exterior Treatment.
- Pressure Treated timber will last far longer than timber treated by other methods.
- This Treatment can be certified by our suppliers.
Rustic Finish: Pressure Treated Weatherboard – 125mm x 10mm smooth sawed boards (not planed).
An overlapped style using native Irish timber.
Classic Finish: Pressure Treated Planed Rebated Weatherboard
(Imported from Scandanavia/Northern Europe) 18mm finished thickness approx.
A tongue and grooved style. The exterior has a smooth, planed finish.
Log Finish: Pressure Treated Rebated Weatherboard
20mm finished thickness approx.
(32mm finished thickness approx, avaliable as an optional extra)
As its name states, this style is used to give a barrel effect on the exterior.
Mineral Felt: is a moderately durable roofing material that is nailed on to roof.
Torch On Felt: is a durable 4mm thick roofing material which is heated and stuck onto the roof. Torch felt is resistant to storm damage and is much longer lasting than mineral felt.
OSB3: (Oriented Strand Board) is used on the floor and roof. This product is used extensively by the construction industry and is certified by Irish Board of Agreement.
Felt Lined Walls: are standard on all large sheds and optional on small sheds. Felt lining is a barrier againist dampness.
Window Pane: Toughened Glass (Sizes 24″ x 24″ & 18″ x 24″)
Diffusion Galvanised Nails: are used on the exterior, which are 3 times more resistant to corrosion that hot-dipped galvamised nails.
Sidewalls are higher (6ft Approx) and Roof Framework is stronger than most other garden sheds.
Pressure treatment will prevent decay due to dampness but will not prevent damage such as warping and splitting by the sun. We recommend the exterior be treated with a suitable wood preservative or varnish as soon as possible after installation.
- Rustic Finish – Water Based Wood Perservative (Cuprinol Timbercare or Ronseal Fence Life)
- Classic Finish – Varnish or Quick Drying Woodstain
- Joints May Need To be Resealed At Some Stage.